From company names to logos, product names to taglines, trademarks protect the core of a business – and often comprise a substantial portion of its value. Indeed, 90 percent of the value of the S&P 500 now lies in intangible assets. It is critical for companies to protect and advance the branding components that differentiate and deliver.
Erise is known for a holistic approach to trademark prosecution. We apply three key perspectives to trademark matters:
Broad IP protection: Because Erise is a comprehensive IP boutique, we integrate trademarks into the full stable of assets, ensuring synergy with patents and copyrights.
Business-wide counsel: We know trademarks don’t often start in the Legal Department: They often emerge from frontline business units, from Marketing to Product Development and beyond. We train individuals throughout the business on how to use trademarked terms, how to successfully develop product names, and more.
Litigation savvy: We understand that trademarks aren’t worth anything if they don’t hold up in court when they really matter. Our trademark prosecution is tailored with an eye toward keeping competitors and opportunists far away from clients’ positions in the market, and having those trademarks survive when your brand is on the line in a courtroom.
- Our work spans the full range of trademark services:
- Federal and state registration
- Clearance searching and counseling
- Trademark portfolio management
- Counterfeit and online enforcement
- Manage the trademark portfolio for a global leader in defense technologies, civil engineering, computer software and simulation, and more.
- Provide prosecution and portfolio management to a global cybersecurity leader.
- Developed a portfolio of trademarks and patents for a mobile app that resulted in its acquisition by a Fortune 500 company.