APPLICATION DEADLINE: CLOSED
Interested in learning a new way to apply your engineering skills? Erise IP is seeking engineering students to serve as patent analyst interns for a growing intellectual property practice in the Kansas City metropolitan area. Patent Analysts will assist case teams with the technical aspects of intellectual property cases. Responsibilities may include:
- Performing invalidity and non-infringement analyses of patents
- Searching for “prior art” to discover relevant patents, articles, books, products, and manuals
- Testing and documenting product functionality
- Reviewing technical documentation (potentially including source code)
- Explaining technical issues to attorneys or clients verbally and in writing
- Producing charts comparing and contrasting known technologies
- Analyzing patentability of new technologies
- Responding to US Patent Office rejections
The ideal candidate will be a dependable team-player willing to take on responsibility and learn quickly. No prior experience in the legal field is required. However, candidates will be required to complete on-the-job training in patent law. Experience in technical or persuasive writing is preferred.
- Junior or senior level student in one of the following areas: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Physics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.