Carrie Bader heads up Erise’s trademark practice and counsels clients in all aspects of trademark prosecution and enforcement, including trademark selection, clearance, portfolio management, monitoring, licensing, cease and desists, and trademark litigation. Carrie works with her clients to understand their business, their markets, and how their trademark strategy and portfolio can be developed and refined to gain the best protection for their brands. She also counsels her clients on the best avenues for protecting their brands from competitor encroachment and works with her clients to craft resolutions for disputes outside the court as well as through litigation. She also regularly counsels clients on issues relating to trade dress, trade secrets, and licensing.
Additionally, Carrie’s practice is devoted to litigation of complex patent, copyright, and trade secret matters in a wide range of industries, including video games, toys, wearable technology, GPS, telecommunications, x-ray technology, vehicle and truck parts, and consumer products. Carrie’s litigation approach focuses on identifying strategies for early resolution, keeping her client’s business strategy and goals in mind, and she has extensive experience trying cases before multiple district courts. Her experience and success has lead to her being named to the Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers in IP litigation since 2017.
Prior to joining Erise, Carrie clerked for the Kansas Supreme Court after working in private practice in the area of complex litigation, focusing on toxic torts and class action. Carrie is a University of Kansas, School of Law alumna, where she was editor-in-chief of the Kansas Journal of Law and Public Policy and competed in the final round of the ELSA International Trade Law Moot Court Competition in Taipei, Taiwan. Prior to law school, she earned her B.A. in Cinema-Television from the University of Southern California in 2001 and lived in Los Angeles for several years before returning to her hometown of Kansas City.
- 2009, J.D., University of Kansas, School of Law (CALI Award Recipient)
- 2001, B.A., University of Southern California
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Rising Star, Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, 2017-2019
- Speaker, “Trademark Basics,” Kansas Women Attorney’s Association Annual Conference, Lindsborg, Kansas, 2019
- Co-Author, “Contents of Writings, Records, and Photographs,” Bloomberg BNA’s Evidence in Patent Cases, 2018
- Author, “Swinging the Patent Litigation Pendulum to the Defense,” Ingram’s Magazine, 2015
- Speaker, “IP 101,” Kansas Women Attorney’s Association Annual Conference, Lindsborg, Kansas, 2013
- Kansas Women Attorneys Association
- Missouri Bar Association