Erise performs among the most active and best-performing patent prosecution firms in the U.S., according to a new report from Patexia, a research platform and network for intellectual property law.
Over the period of January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2021, Patexia reviewed a total of 2,038,338 patent applications. Patexia evaluated 3,591 law firms that secured patents for 117,772 foreign and domestic entities. Erise ranked among the top 6 percent of U.S. law firms for this time period, earning it a spot on Patexia’s list of “Best Performing (Overall).”
Patexia’s rankings are based on five criteria:
- Activity – the number of issued patents;
- Success – the percentage of success obtaining a patent or patent claim;
- Quality – the quality, broadness, novelty and market coverage that can make patent claims valuable;
- Efficiency – the speed and simplicity of the patent approval process; and
- Cost – the fees for both attorneys and U.S. Patent and Trademark Office administration.
The firm’s performance score is a weighted average of those factors.
More information on the Erise patent prosecution practice is available here.